IBNS-NC Chapter 26
The International Bank Note Society (IBNS) was founded in 1961. It operates as a non-profit educational organization and in furtherance of such purpose, its objectives are to promote, stimulate, and advance the study and knowledge of worldwide banknotes and paper currencies and all matters related thereto along educational, scientific and historical lines. Currently the IBNS has over 2,000 members in more than 90 countries.
What We Do
Here is some additional background information about some of our current members:
- Austin Mattox is Vice President of Mattox Coins and Stamps in Raleigh, NC and the President of NC-IBNS
- Stanley Serxner is the co-founder and Secretary of NC-IBNS and had been a member of IBNS for more than 50 years.
- Garry Saint, Esquire is the co-founder and webmaster of NC-IBNS, creator and publisher of Numismondo, World Paper Money Picture Catalog.
- Miguel Chirinos is a published author with his writings appearing in several Latin American publications, the IBNS Journal and the Numismondo website.
- Dr. Halbert Carmichael is a life time member of the Raleigh Coin Club and also a banknote researcher who is currently publishing "Birds on Notes"
- Howard A. Daniel III is a collector, researcher and author about SE Asia coins and banknotes since 1964.
- Another remote member, is who is the current President of a sister association, LANSA, lives in Baltimore, MD and is a Hall of Fame member of IBNS.
- Another member operates Anything Anywhere, a coins & banknotes company in Raleigh, NC.
- Another member lives in Western North Carolina.
- Current members have previously lived or are living in Canada, Germany, Israel, Poland, Turkey, Venezuela and Vietnam